On 19 January 2021, Kasetsart University held “Study in Japan Online Seminar” in cooperation with Study in Japan Regional Office in ASEAN, Bangkok Branch.
The seminar was opened with a greetings form Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chamaipak Tayjasanant, Assistant to the President for international Affairs, Kasetsart University following by Welcoming and Opening speech by Asst. Prof. Dr. Kampanat Pensupar, Vice President for International Affairs, Kasetsart University.
After the Welcoming and Opening speech, three Japanese researchers made presentations related to the following subjects from their professional point of view.
1．Why is Japan one of the best places to pursue agriculture/engineering (and the Japanese language and culture)?
2. What is your advice for universities, scholarship opportunities, and international student experiences?
1. Prof. Eiji Nawata, Director of Kyoto University ASEAN Center (Tropical Agriculture Expert)
2. Prof. Yoshio Otani, Director of JSPS Bangkok Office (Nanoparticle Aerosol Science and Technology Expert)
3. Assoc. Prof. Ryoichi Tsutsumi, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Okayama University (Japanese Linguistic Expert)
Then three Thai Researchers made presentations regarding their experiences of studying and living in Japan.
1. Dr. Jutiporn Thussagunpanit, Lecturer at Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agricluture, Kasetsrt University. (Graduated from University of Kyoto)
2. Asst, Prof. Dr. Pattara Leelaprute, Lecturer at Department of Engineering, Kasetsart University. (Graduated from Osaka University)
3. Dr. Thanasak Sirikanerat, Lecturer at Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Humanities, Kasetsert University. (Graduated from Tohoku University)
Following the three Thai researchers speech, “Study in Japan Information“ was introduced by Ms. Kamonrat Shenwirattanapith, Assistant Officer, Study in Japan Regional Office in ASEAN, Bangkok Branch.
Finally Ms. Araya Bijaphala, Director of International Affairs Division, Kasetsart University delivered the closing speech.
The seminar ended successfully with about 20 attendees.