On 28 November, Bangladesh JSPS Alumni Association (BJSPSAA) organized the Executive Committee at the office of Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. 6 members of the executive committee and members of JSPS Bangkok Office attended and discussed the below-mentioned agendas:
1. JSPS guidance seminar on 29 November
JSPS guidance seminar will be organized at Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, and Vice-Chancellor of the university will attend as a guest of honor.
100 participants are expected, and security is properly prepared.
2. International Academic Seminar
– International Academic Seminar is scheduled on 18 February 2017, and the selection committee meeting for BRIDGE Fellowship on the previous day.
– Regarding the seminar’s theme, some ideas came up and it will be finally decided at the next executive committee.
– BJSPSAA suggested Vice-Chancellor of Chittagong University as a keynote speaker from Bangladesh.
– The seminar will include an opening session and two technical sessions.
– BJSPSAA and JSPS Bangkok Office continue to consider whether to invite three Japanese speakers or not.
– BJSPSAA also consider inviting the guests from other JSPS Alumni Associations, and in that case, BJSPSAA cover their local expenses.